Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Of SW PA Interest
Southwestern Veterans’ Center To Hold Open House:
- Oct. 25, 2019, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.- Southwestern Veterans’ Center, 7060 Highland Dr., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County)- For more information about admissions at SWVC, contact the admissions coordinator at 412-665-6782- The public is invited to an open house at the Southwestern Veterans’ Center, one of six veterans homes operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA).- Read more.
Duquesne University Campus Police Officer Position:
Duquesne University, Pittsburgh (Allegheny County) Department of Public Safety has an opening for a police officer. The Duquesne University Police Department (DUPD) is a 32 member police department located on Duquesne University’s campus. This position offers good pay and excellent benefits. For more information, requirements for this position, or to apply, please go to the Human Resources Website.
Adjutant General, Senior DMVA Leaders Visit Injured Soldiers At Warrior Transition Unit In Virginia:
Senior leaders from the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) visited Pennsylvania National Guard members at Fort Belvoir, VA, who are undergoing medical treatment for injuries sustained on recent mobilizations. Read More. Read more.
DMVA's Hollidaysburg Veterans' Home Has Immediate Openings For Certified Nurse Aides (Blair County):
Hollidaysburg Veterans' Home is seeking hard-working, caring and devoted Certified Nurse Aides to join in taking care of and serving veterans and their spouses. If you are a nursing professional committed to providing exceptional resident care, DMVA has the job for you! Read more.
Pennsylvania Awarded Grant To Support Access To The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
Governor Tom Wolf announced recently that Pennsylvania has been awarded a $1.3 million grant to increase access to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline by expanding state-based call centers. In May 2019, Governor Wolf established a statewide Suicide Prevention Task Force. The task force brings together leaders from the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs and other state agencies. Read more.
Around the State
111th Attack Wing (Montgomery County) Officials Remind Members Substance Abuse Prevention Requires Constant Attention:
Substance abuse can have a negative impact on one’s health, relationships, work, and for those who serve in the military, it can completely end their career. Although October is National Substance Abuse Prevention month, it is important that service members are always holding themselves accountable. Read more.
Center For Women Veterans – Trailblazers 2019 Tour (Philadelphia):
The Women Veterans Trailblazers Initiative aligns with the Center for Women Veterans (CWVS) overarching campaign, "I am not Invisible – initially developed to celebrate the contributions of two million living women veterans and to increase awareness and dialogue about women veterans. For a calendar of events happening in Philadelphia, or to donate or volunteer your time, visit Website.
Franklin County Veteran Service Dog Project Gets Helping Hands:
Hundreds of volunteers descended this week on a Greencastle-area dog-training facility for a project that will help dogs provide service to those who have served their country. Read more.
Honoring Our Heroes By Helping Homeless Veterans:
Throughout Pennsylvania and the United States, our veterans are unfortunately not having their housing needs met, and our fire and ambulance agencies are falling behind with fewer volunteers and evolving challenges. Veterans deserve a home, and our volunteer firefighters and EMS personnel should have the tools they need to truly make a difference and save lives. Read more.
Leo And Matilda Capouellez:
Mr. and Mrs. Leo Capouellez of Hollidaysburg (Blair County), celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with a family dinner. They were married Aug. 8, 1959, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Gallitzin (Cambria County). Mr. Capouellez served in the U.S. Army Signal Corps. The couple recently moved to DMVA's Hollidaysburg Veterans' Home. Read more.
Penn State Military Appreciation Week Events Kick Off:
Penn State, along with the Borough of State College and Centre County, will honor the service and sacrifice of military service members, veterans and their families with a series of free military appreciation events for the Penn State and local communities throughout October and November. Read more.
Pennsylvania Soldiers Train For Water Survival:
Pennsylvania Army National Guard Soldiers with the 28th Expeditionary Combat Aviation Brigade trained for water evacuations during an exercise at the pool at Somerset Area High School here recently.Read more.
Veterans’ Expo Showcases Range Of Services Available To Service Members:
Nonprofit groups, medical facilities and related organizations were on hand at the fourth annual Veterans’ Expo held at Trinity Point Church of God near Clarion (Clarion County) recently. Read more.
Across the Nation
A Veterans Perspective On Syria – A Letter To Our Leadership:
The U.S. decision to withdraw forces from Syria has sparked a fury of debate among active, Reserve and retired military officers. As a combat veteran and one still serving as a major in the U.S. Army Reserve, I assure you these conversations are always within the spirit of the oath we took to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. Read more.
A Vietnam Veteran In Hospice Care Got To See His Beloved Dog For The Last Time:
When a veteran was admitted to hospice care last week, he had only one last wish: to say goodbye to his beloved dog, Patch. John Vincent is a Marine who fought in Vietnam. The 69-year-old was hospitalized in Albuquerque, NM, before being transferred to a nearby VA hospice facility. Read more.
Hiring Our Heroes Helps Veterans, Military And Military Spouses Find Jobs:
Finding a job is a daunting and sometimes difficult task after separating from the military. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes (HOH) is a nationwide initiative to help veterans, transitioning service members and military spouses find meaningful employment opportunities. Hiring Our Heroes provides a variety of tools such as a resume builder, a corporate fellowship program and a career planning tool, along with several hiring events across the U.S. each year. Read more.
Mammograms Can Save Your Life:
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Many duties fill your schedule. But no matter how busy you or the woman in your life is, a mammogram is an important appointment to keep. Read more.
Philips Inks First-Ever Telehealth Pilot With VA To Give Veterans Access To Virtual Care:
This first-of-its-kind telehealth initiative is the product of an alliance between the VFW, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Philips and The American Legion, which allows veterans to conduct virtual appointments with their VA providers without having to travel to a distant VA regional medical facility or outpatient clinic. Read more.
The Missing WWII Soldier Known As “X-70” Finally Has A Name. He’ll Be Buried In Gig Harbor Next To His Brother:
It’s been 75 years, and a journey of some 11,000 miles, for Army Pfc. Donald E. Mangan to join his older brother at Haven of Rest Funeral Home & Memorial Park in Gig Harbor in Pierce County, WA. Read more.
VA Watchdog Calls Mishandling Of Veterans' Personal Info A 'National Issue':
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) Office of Inspector General found in its latest report that veterans' sensitive personal information was stored unprotected on two servers, which OIG staff say might expose vets to fraud and identity theft. Read more.
Veterans More Likely To Leave First Post-Military Job Within First Year:
According to research from VetAdvisor and Syracuse University's Institute for Veterans and Military Families, around 250,000 active duty military members will transition out of service and into civilian life in 2020. Read more.
Why Federal Spending On Veterans Education Benefits Has Soared Nearly 250 Percent:
Federal spending on veterans’ education benefits grew nearly 250 percent over the span of 10 years, an increase largely attributed to one veterans program: the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Read more.
This listing is offered as a resource to both Pennsylvania's veterans and businesses that seek to employ veterans. The DMVA has not investigated the positions being offered or the businesses listed, and does not warrant or guarantee either the availability or the terms and conditions of the positions listed. Please contact the employers represented in this listing directly. To have an employment opportunity listed please email: RA-VA-Newsletter@pa.gov
ABARTA Coca-Cola Is Hiring Veterans:
ABARTA Coca-Cola is currently recruiting for a few openings throughout PA and WV. ABARTA Coca-Cola is a family owned company and a division of ABARTA, a diversified third and fourth generation family business. For a list of open positions visit Website.
Dayton Parts Is Looking For Veterans (Dauphin County):
Dayton Parts, a manufacturer of heavy duty leaf springs for trucks and trailers is looking for candidates to fill manufacturing positions on three different shifts. No experience necessary. Starting rate is $15.75 ($16.01 after 90 days). Candidates can apply at website or pick up an application at 1300 North Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin County).
Full Time Technical Assistant With PennDOT:
PennDOT is looking for individuals who want to be part of their construction and highway maintenance team. A career as a full time technical assistant with PennDOT is an opportunity to work at the heart of public safety, by ensuring highway and bridge construction is completed by all construction codes, standards, plans, and specifications. For job description, requirements and to apply, visit Website.
Houck Services, Inc. Is Hiring Roof Maintenance Laborers:
Houck Services, Inc., Harrisburg (Dauphin County) one of the area’s leading commercial and industrial specialty contractors, is looking for self-motivated laborers from the Harrisburg and York areas to join the roof maintenance department. Construction and commercial roofing experience is preferred but not required. A reliable means of transportation is required, and a valid driver’s license is preferred. Pre-employment drug testing and physical is also a requirement for candidates. Apply.
L&I Announces New Robotics Technician Apprenticeship At New Century Careers In Pittsburgh:
The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry (L&I) Deputy Secretary for Workforce Development Eileen Cipriani announced a new registered apprenticeship program for robotics technicians during a tour of New Century Careers' Training Innovation Center in Pittsburgh (Allegheny County). Apprentices will get on-the-job training in robotics and automation for good-paying, cutting-edge manufacturing jobs in western Pennsylvania. Read more.
Now Hiring – Seasonal Liquor Store Clerks:
The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) is hiring seasonal liquor store clerks during the holiday season, starting now with assignments lasting through Jan. 1, 2020. Seasonal liquor store clerks assist with stocking shelves, running registers, off-loading merchandise, and other basic retail assignments. Read more.
PennDOT Has Job Opportunities In The Winter Maintenance Program:
Seasonal job opportunities are available in all counties. Read more.
Steel Container Manufacturer Expands In Pennsylvania, Supporting 96 Jobs:
Governor Tom Wolf announced that Custom Container Solutions (CCS), a manufacturer of steel containers, will expand its operations to a new flagship location in Northumberland County. The project will support the combined retention and creation of 96 jobs in the commonwealth. Read more.
Wolf Administration Celebrates Business Expansion, Job Creation In Dauphin County:
Governor Tom Wolf announced that digital marketing firm WebFX will expand its campus in Dauphin County. The project will create 63 new and retain 172 full-time jobs in the area. “WebFX is an innovative company that makes both Harrisburg and Pennsylvania proud; a forward-thinking tech firm that is creating good jobs in an emerging industry,” said Wolf. Read more.
Wolf Administration New Amazon Fulfillment Center Will Bring Jobs, Economic Activity To Western PA:
Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) Secretary Dennis Davin joined Regional Director of Operations for Amazon Robert Long, CEO of Allegheny Conference on Community Development, Stefani Pashman, and state and local officials at the opening of its new fulfillment center in Findlay Township (Allegheny County). Amazon has committed to investing more than $30 million into the new fulfillment center and creating 800 new, full-time jobs at the site. Read more.
Job & Career Fair (Beaver County):
- Oct. 24, 2019, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.- Beaver Valley Mall (Planet Fitness Corridor), 285 Beaver Valley Mall, Monaca, PA (Beaver County)- Any questions call 724-728-4860- Featuring a designated veteran’s resource area for all military, veterans and military spouses. Beaver County Veterans Affairs will help with filing VA benefits. Bring a copy of your DD-214 and copies of your professional resume. A job seeker registration table will be located in front of PA CareerLink. Stop in upon arriving for information and welcome material, dress for success and come prepared to market your skills and meet with employers and training providers in a wide variety of industries and occupations.
Government Contracting Opportunities For Veterans (Lunch & Learn):
- Nov. 5, 2019, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.- WeWork, 1601 Market St. ,18th Floor, Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)- Point of contact: Shannon Degiglio at 610-382-3082 or email Shannon.Degiglio@sba.gov - Join Bunker Labs and the U.S. Small Business Administration for a lunch and learn focused on obtaining set-aside contracts for veteran owned businesses. Lead business opportunity specialist, Jennifer Tilden will be sharing information and the process. Offered at no cost to veterans.- Register.
Pennsylvania CareerLink Lehigh Valley-U.S. Military Veterans Employment & Education Fair:
- Nov. 6, 2019, 2:30-4:30 p.m.- 555 Union Blvd., Allentown, PA (Lehigh County)- Point of contact: Doug Monroe at 610-841-1031 or email email@example.com - This event is open to veterans, spouses and dependents. Meet with recruiters from a variety of businesses. Learn more about resources available to you and your family.- Read more.
Veterans' Expo & Job Fair:
- Nov. 7, 2019, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.- Farm and Home Center, 1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster, PA (Lancaster County)- Any questions, call 717-285-1350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - The Veterans’ Expo & Job Fair is intended for active military and veterans of all ages, men and women, from all branches of service and their families. The Expo is being held to ensure that eligible individuals are aware of the benefits they have earned. Meet and talk to exhibitors who are interested in your wellbeing and represent businesses, community service providers, healthcare professionals, VA benefits organizations and education/training providers. Website.
This listing is offered as a service to individuals and organizations to promote their veteran and military-oriented events being held in Pennsylvania. The information is taken directly from emailed submissions from requestors. DMVA is not responsible for incorrect information submitted. Please send details on events to RA-VA-Newsletter@pa.gov and include the following key pieces of information: 1. Name of event, 2. Date of event, 3. Time of event, 4. Address of event, 5. County of event, 6. Event website, 7. Point of contact name, 8. POC phone number, 9. POC email address, and 10. Additional details/coordinating instructions (fees, pre-registration, etc.)
United States Navy Band Commodores 2019 National Tour:
- Now through Nov. 7, 2019- Seven locations throughout PA- Point of contact: Navy Band general information line, 202-433-3366 or email email@example.com - Jazz is America’s music and the U.S. Navy Band Commodores, the Navy’s premier jazz ensemble, have been performing the very best of big band jazz for the Navy and the nation for over 40 years.- Read more.
Suicide Prevention Task Force Listening Tour — October Event Dates:
- Oct. 24, 2019, 5:30 p.m., Lackawanna College, 501 Vine St., Scranton, PA (Lackawanna County)- Oct. 25, 2019, 10 a.m., Cedar Crest College, Alumnae Hall Auditorium, 100 College Dr., Allentown, PA (Lehigh County)- In May 2019, the Wolf Administration announced a first-of-its-kind, statewide Suicide Prevention Task Force to develop Pennsylvania’s statewide suicide prevention plan. The public’s voice will help task force members shape a statewide suicide prevention plan, which will include recommendations, not only for state government, but for stakeholders and communities, to carry forward and implement.- Register.
Coffee And Camaraderie:
- Fourth Friday of every month, next one Oct. 25, 2019, 9 a.m.- Heisey’s Diner, 1740 PA-72, Lebanon, PA (Lebanon County)- Reserve your spot by calling 717-272-8317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Share a free cup of coffee, your stories, and friendship with other veterans of the Lebanon Valley. All veterans are welcome. Feel free to order breakfast, but at your own expense. For those in need, breakfast sponsorships are available.
- Oct. 25, 2019, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.- American Legion Hall, Post 926, 3220 Concord Rd., Aston, PA (Delaware County)- R.S.V.P. by calling 610-534-6880 or emailing RepKrueger@pahouse.net - You're invited to a FREE lunch for veterans and their family members. Enjoy a light lunch at 11:30 a.m. while learning about state and local resources for veterans.
Veterans Service Program Fly Fishing Event:
- Oct. 27, 2019, 2 p.m.- Fisherman's Paradise, 1150 Spring Creek Rd., Bellefonte, PA (Centre County)- Point of contact: Jim H. Lanning at 951-231-8000 or email email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com - All veterans and active duty military personnel, join the talented stream mentors to learn fly fishing, improve your existing skills, and learn about conservation projects to keep our streams and watersheds healthy and protected. Equipment is provided if needed and and a picnic lunch (hot dogs, chips, Gator Aid and all the fixings) free of charge. This is a family fishing program for veterans.- Facebook page.
Operation Entrepreneurship For Veterans And Their Dependents:
- Oct. 28, 2019, 9-11 a.m., doors open at 8:30 a.m. with a light breakfast served- Connellsville Canteen, 131 West Crawford Ave., Connellsville, PA (Fayette County)- Free event. Please R.S.V.P. to Michael Edwards at 724-603-2093- Join us in promoting skilled veterans into confident entrepreneurs.
MilitaryShare Fresh Express Program:
- Oct. 29, 2019, 10 a.m.-Noon or 2:30-4:30 p.m.- Fort Indiantown Gap, Fitzpatrick Hall, Bldg 10-104, Annville, PA (Lebanon County)- Point of contact: Roxie Norris at 717-861-6299 or email Roxanne.firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register- Registration is required for MilitaryShare distribution. MilitaryShare, a collaborative program of local food banks and the Pennsylvania National Guard, is designed to provide fresh, nutritious foods for veterans and military families in need.- Website.
Veteran Workforce Roundtable:
- Oct. 29, 2019, 1-2:30 p.m.- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, Jones Conference Room, Dining Hall, 750 E. King St., Lancaster, PA (Lancaster County)- To R.S.V.P. please email Sean Murphy at email@example.com - This Veteran Workforce Roundtable is hosted by Auditor General Eugene DePasuale.
Pennsylvania Soldiers’ And Sailors’ Home To Hold Open House:
- Oct. 30, 2019, 1-4 p.m.- Pennsylvania Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Home, 560 East Third St., Erie (Erie County)- For more information about admissions at PSSH, contact the admissions coordinator at 814-878-4939- The public is invited to an open house at the Pennsylvania Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Home, one of six veterans homes operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA).- Read more.
Veterans' Expo (Montgomery County):
- Nov. 1, 2019, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.- The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, 100 Station Ave., Oaks, PA (Montgomery County)- Point of contact: Nikki Whitlock at 610-792-2137 or email Nicola.Whitlock@pasenate.com - Join us for a expo to provide resources, services, and assistance to Pennsylvania veterans and their families. To reserve lunch tickets, please R.S.V.P by Nov. 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-792-2137- Website.
Veterans Appreciation Breakfast:
- Nov. 2, 2019, doors open at 7:45 a.m. for check-in and the event is from 8:30-10:30 a.m.- Upper Perkiomen High School, Two Walt Rd., Pennsburg, PA (Montgomery County)- Seating is limited. Veterans may register themselves and one guest by contacting Senator Mensch's office at 215-541-2388 or Online. - Please R.S.V.P. by October 25. Join Sen. Mensch for breakfast to honor the military men and women who have served the country. The Keynote Speaker will be Major General Anthony J. Carrelli, Pennsylvania's adjutant general and head of the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
PIA School For Aviation Maintenance & Electronics Open House:
- Nov. 2, 2019, 11 a.m.- Pittsburgh Main Campus, 5 Allegheny County Airport, West Mifflin, PA (Allegheny County)- R.S.V.P. by calling 1-800-444-1440 or Register. - Bring family and friends to this event! You will explore the power of PIA’s programs and facilities, interact with proud PIA students and instructors, learn about the demand for aviation professionals and discover the possibilities through a PIA education.- YouTube video.
Veterans Town Hall (Berks County):
- Nov. 6, 2019, 6-8 p.m.- Academic Forum Room, AF 102, Kutztown University, 15200 Kutztown Rd., Kutztown PA (Berks County)- Any questions, call 484-646-4145- Hear updates from U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) leadership and community veteran organizations. Ask questions and provide feedback on VA services.
Boots To Business Reboot:
- Nov. 7, 2019, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.- Center for Business Ingenuity, 900 State St., Erie, PA (Erie PA)- Point of Contact: Jonathan Bennett at 412-395-6560, Ext. 107 or email email@example.com - Boots to Business Reboot is an entrepreneurship education and training program offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). This course is free for veterans of all eras, active duty service members (including National Guard and Reserve), and spouses are eligible to participate.- Website.
- Nov. 7, 2019, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.- Farm and Home Center, 1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster, PA (Lancaster County)- Point of contact: Kimberly Shaffer at 717-285-8123 or email Kshaffer@OLPEvents.com - Read more.
Senior Veterans Resource Fair:
- Nov. 7, 2019, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.- InnovAge LIFE, Germantown Center, 6950 Germantown Ave., Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)- R.S.V.P. by Oct. 31, 2019, to 855-898-5030 or email Emckeever@MyInnovAge.com - Veterans and their caregivers are invited to LIFE Germantown to learn about community resources for veterans. Tour the LIFE center and meet participants from the Veteran’s Club, learn about NewCourtland housing for veterans, visit with community agencies and elected officials and enjoy food and giveaways. Special guests State Rep. Stephen Kinsey and Chris Rabb.
Vet Center's Open House (Lancaster County):
- Nov. 8, 2019, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.- 1817 Olde Homestead Lane, Lancaster, PA (Lancaster PA)- A pancake breakfast will be provided. Please R.S.V.P. by phone to 717-283-0735
Veterans Breakfast Hosted By State Rep. Tom Mehaffie:
- Nov. 8, 2019, 8-10 a.m.- Lower Swatara Fire Department, 1350 Fulling Mill Rd., Middletown, PA (Dauphin County)- Seating is limited and registration is required. R.S.V.P. by calling Rep. Mehaffie's Office at 717-534-1323 by Oct. 28, 2019- Veterans and U.S. military personnel residing in the 106th District are invited to join for an appreciation breakfast and patriotic program. State-related veterans information will be distributed at this event. Worn, torn or defaced flags will be accepted at the event for proper retirement.
Veterans Benefit Expo:
- Nov. 8, 2019, 2-8 p.m., opening ceremony 1:45 p.m.- Park-East Racetrack Bldg., 3001 Street Rd., Bensalem, PA (Bucks County)- Over 50 exhibit tables and three breakfast sessions. Admission is free and the event is open to all veterans, spouses, widows and children living in the Delaware Valley.- Read more.
Pittsburgh Veteran's Day Parade Looking For WWII Veterans:
- Nov. 9, 2019, 10:30 a.m.- Downtown Pittsburgh (Allegheny County) on Liberty Avenue- Point of contact: Chris Brown at 814-880-6818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Looking for WW II veteran's to participate in the "Greatest Generation, WW II Veteran's" section of 100th anniversary of the Pittsburgh Veteran's Day Parade. Personal vehicle needed.
2019 Veteran’s Day Health And Wellness Fair:
- Nov. 11, 2019, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.- Cranberry Municipal Center, 2525 Rochester Rd., Cranberry Twp., PA (Butler County)- Point of contact: Annie Cairns at 724-934-9700, Ext. 18- The Pittsburgh North Regional Chamber’s Annual Health and Wellness Fair brings local providers of lifestyle goods and services together for a day of learning and celebrating healthy living. Explore a variety of booths from Pittsburgh North’s many health and wellness organizations, receive free screenings, and support veterans and military in honor of the 2019 Veteran’s Day. The first 100 Vets to attend the event (the event is free to the public) will receive a gift of appreciation.
Boots To Business – Reboot Schuylkill County:
- Nov. 12, 2019, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.- Penn State Schuylkill Campus, 200 University Drive Classroom Bldg. 101, Schuylkill Haven, PA (Schuylkill County)- Point of contact: Shannon Degiglio at 610-382-3082 or email Shannon.Degiglio@sba.gov - Boots to Business Reboot is a two-step training program that provides participants an overview of business ownership as a career vocation, an outline and knowledge on the components of a business plan, a practical exercise in opportunity recognition, and an introduction to available public and private sector resources. Step one is the Introduction to Entrepreneurship course eligible to veterans of all eras, service members (including members of the National Guard and Reserve) and their spouses. The Course is offered at no cost to the veteran, spouse, or family member. Lunch provided through sponsorship from Tompkins VIST Bank.- Website.
Give Veterans A Smile Day Free Dental Care:
- Nov. 12, 2019, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.- Community Volunteers In Medicine, 300 B Lawrence Dr., West Chester, PA (Chester County)- If interested in making an appointment, please call: Albert Landis at 610-836-5990, ext. 107- Procedures offered: cleanings, panorex, fillings, extractions, X-rays and periodontal scaling
University Of Pennsylvania Athletics Military Appreciation Football Game Vs. Princeton:
- Nov. 23, 2019, 1 p.m.- 235 S. 33rd St., Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)- Point of contact: Pete Freudenberger at 215-898-3620 or email email@example.com - Through the generosity of Penn Football fans and the Seats for Soldiers program complimentary tickets are available for veteran and active duty military personnel.- Get your tickets.
Southeastern Veterans’ Center Holding Weekly Tours For The Public:
- 10 a.m. each Wednesday (except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)- Southeastern Veterans’ Center, One Veterans Drive, Spring City, PA (Chester County)- For more information about admissions at SEVC, contact the admissions coordinator at 610-948-2406- The public is encouraged to stop by to take a tour, meet the staff, and experience the comradery of living with fellow veterans. The Southeastern Veterans’ Center is one of six veterans homes operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA).- Read more.