March for Parks
Marches will be held at TWO locations in 2020:
- Twin Lakes Park - Lower Lake
- Murrysville Sport Zone Arena (4491 School Road South, Murrysville)
The March for Parks (MFP) is an annual event organized by Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation, to have fun while raising funds for park improvements. Funds raised are used to match state and foundation grants, and to leverage other funding from a variety of sources. They have supported substantial improvements to Westmoreland County parks and trails, including construction of an amphitheater, dog park, winter sports area, Boundless Playground, skate park, dek hockey rink, and trails.
How does the MFP work?
Participants can collect donations before the March, either individually or as a member of a team. Many people form teams by organizing friends and family, school/sport/place of worship/work or community groups, or in memory of a loved one. There is friendly competition for recognition as a top fundraising team. Donations may be mailed in, or collected on the morning of the March. Even if you prefer not to march at the event, there will be lots of fun activities for everyone to enjoy—booths & exhibits, kids activities, raffle items, music, games, snacks, and more!
Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation is planning lots of new projects in your neighborhood, such as:
- Westmoreland Heritage Trail – closing the “middle gap” from Export to Delmont, land acquisition, planning, construction, and maintenance along the trail
- Twin Lakes Park – improvements to the Dog Park to include a second entrance, renovating lake walls and pathways for improved fishing and walking
- Northmoreland Park Master Plan projects
- All Parks – improvements to playgrounds, renovating restrooms to become flushable, resurfacing parking lots and roadways
- For businesses seeking a high value promotional opportunity, sponsorship of the March is a way to build substantial goodwill at low cost. Sponsorship is also suitable for an individual or family wishing to make a larger contribution.
- Make a donation (we accept PayPal!)
- Get a team together of three or more friends, family members, neighbors, or co-workers (or come on your own!)
- Attend one of the March for Parks events on March 21 (two locations to choose from!)
If you can't attend the March, but would still like to contribute, please send a check made payable to
March For Parks
194 Donohoe Road
Greensburg, PA 15601
Click here to view a longer version of the 2019 March for Parks promotional video! (2020 video coming soon!)
Thank You to our 2020 Sponsors!
Toyota of Greensburg
Greater Westmoreland County Labor Council
The Markosky Engineering Group
Penn Franklin News
Fancy Fox Customs
Westmoreland Mechanical Testing and Research
Commercial Bank and Trust of PA
Matt Machine and Manufacturing
Tender Care Learning Center
UPMC Centers for Rehab Services
Grossman Yanak and Ford LLP
Means and Vance, PC
Provident Real Estate Advisors, LLC
Wiester Insurance Agency