The 2022 General Primary Election will be held Tuesday, May 17, 2022
In the final days leading up to Election Day, a voter has the following options available:
- If you did not request a mail-in or absentee ballot or an emergency ballot, a voter must go to the polls to vote.
- If you applied prior to the legal deadline of 5:00pm on Tuesday, May 10, 2022 for a mail-in or absentee ballot and have received that ballot, you may return it by mail, in person at the Election Bureau, or at a drop-box location. Given that there are only a few days until the Election, we would encourage voters to utilize the drop-box locations or return the ballot to the Election Bureau. A voter cannot return a completed mail-in or absentee ballot to his or her polling place.
- If you have applied prior to the legal deadline of 5:00pm on Tuesday, May 10, 2022, and did not receive the ballot, lost the ballot or changed your mind and want to vote in-person, please remember the following:
- If you already submitted a mail-in or absentee ballot, you cannot vote at your polling place on Election Day.
- If you have not received the ballot, then you may come to the Westmoreland County Bureau of Elections. Your original ballot that was mailed to you, but not received by you, will be voided in the voter system and a new ballot will be issued to you. The original ballot will no longer be valid or accepted. You will then complete the re-issued ballot (immediately or at home) and return it to the Election Bureau in person, by mail, or at a drop-box location.
- Additionally, if you have not received your ballot you may go to the polling place and vote with a provisional ballot.
- If you do not want to use the mail-in or absentee ballot, you may still vote at your polling place, by bringing your entire ballot packet (ballot and all envelopes) to your polling place to be voided. You will also need to sign a declaration confirming that you want to surrender the ballot and vote in-person and that you have not previously voted in this election. After you surrender your ballot and envelopes and sign the declaration, you can then vote on a machine.
- Lastly, if you do NOT surrender your ballot and return envelopes or sign the declaration, you can only vote by a paper, provisional ballot at your polling place.