Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation Alliance
Follow the WCPRA on Facebook!
Meetings are held on a Tuesday of every other month. Committees meet as needed. President will contact the Committee if there WILL be an Executive Committee Meeting.
- President - Aaron Siko, Hempfield Township
- Vice President -
- Secretary - Linda Bires, PTARC
- Treasurer - Craig Shevchik, Latrobe-GLSD
Benefits of WCPRA:
- Work with other municipal representatives to solve issues impacting the progress of parks and recreation in the County
- Work together to develop new recreation facilities and enhance existing areas
- Access the expertise of countywide parks and recreation professionals
- Share resources
- Exchange ideas, successes, and works in progress
- Learn about new resources and opportunities within the County
- Avoid duplication of services
- Make new friends in the profession
- Have access to bulk purchasing opportunities
- Participate in regional development projects
2022 Pennsylvania DCNR Grant Workshop for Recreation and Conservation Projects
Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at the Twin Lakes Park Activity Center, 9:00am - 12:00 pm
PA DCNR Recreation & Parks Advisor - Southwest Region, Adam Mattis, will be on hand to provide information on the DCNR grant application process for eligible applicants. The grant program opens January 18, 2022 and closes April 6 at 4:00 pm. Workshop registration fee is $10. Please make checks payable to WCPRA and mail checks to 194 Donohoe Road, Greensburg, PA 15601. View the flyer for more information!
Join the Park Hopper Challenge!
Brought to you by the Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation Alliance (WCPRA), the Park Hopper Challenge is a free, fun, family oriented challenge to get you outside exploring the local community parks throughout Westmoreland County!
THE CHALLENGE: VISIT ALL OF THE PARKS AND TRAILS SHOWCASED HERE IN THE FOLLOWING COMMUNITIES BEFORE DECEMBER 31, 2021:
- City of Greensburg
- Hempfield Parks and Recreation
- Latrobe Parks and Recreation
- Municipality of Murrysville Parks and Recreation
- North Huntingdon Twp. Parks and Recreation
- Penn Trafford Area Recreation Commission
- Sewickley Township Parks and Recreation
- Westmoreland County Parks
HOW DOES THE CHALLENGE WORK?
It is really easy. Visit the PARK HOPPER CHALLENGE WEBSITE and sign up (it's free!).
Go to the "Parks to Explore" tab at the top of the page, find a park, and go explore!
All you do is head out and explore the parks listed on the website or go explore other parks throughout Westmoreland County. Do it when and where you want at your own pace. Just go and have fun!
After your walk, run, hike, bike ride or whatever you decide to do, come back to the website and record what you did. List what park your visited in the comments...try to visit them all!
You can enter all or some the following data: DISTANCE, TIME, VERTICAL GAIN. As you keep coming back, the website will track your progress and you will be able to see where others are going, too!
If you did something spectacular, share it. If you found a cool stream, share it. Let everyone know about all of the awesome parks and places we have in our neighborhoods!