Tuition Reimbursement Registration Policy
Procedure & Policy
- All active Full-time Union and/or Non-Union County employees are eligible to apply for tuition/registration reimbursement.
- Application for request will be made through the Human Resources Department at the Courthouse or at Westmoreland Manor.
- All applications must be approved by the Education Committee prior to taking job-related courses. There will be no retroactive reimbursements.
- Date for filing application must be met by August 1st (Fall semester), April 16th (Summer semester), and December 10th (Spring semester). Late tuition requests will not be honored.
- Applications must be signed by the employee's supervisor or Deputy Director. The Education Committee will have the final decision.
- The applicant will be notified in writing within fifteen (15) days of the filing date, whether accepted or rejected by the Education Committee.
- Reimbursement is for tuition only, to a maximum of $186.00 per credit. Any other costs such as lab fees, student fees, etc., will be the responsibility of the applicant.
- Reimbursements may be approved for applicants up to a maximum of six (6) college credits per calendar year.
- Applicants must submit grade/certificate/proof of completion of course and proof of payment within thirty (30) days of the end of the semester or completion of course in order to receive reimbursement.
- Reimbursements for college credit courses will be made as follows:
- "A" Grade-100% reimbursement of maximum credit amount
- "B" Grade-90% reimbursement of maximum credit amount
- "C" Grade-80% reimbursement of maximum credit amount
- PASS/FAIL-90% reimbursement of maximum credit amount (used when taking CEU's or certificate course)
- Applications must be accompanied by a course description.
- Approval of tuition/registration reimbursement shall in no way be an authorization for "time off" from the applicant's job with the County.
*NOTE: The Education Fund is not meant in any way to affect a department's conference/Seminar Travel Budget.